- Starting on the 21st of December, Cross-Border Fulfilment via EFN and Pan-European FBA will start winding down, stopping in full on Monday December 28. To maintain your European sales, you will need to send products to fulfilment centres in the UK and the EU.
- Inventory/Warehouse Management: To mitigate the impact of these changes, you should consider splitting your inventory and sending it to a fulfilment centre in the UK and the EU, so that you have sufficient stock either side of the new customs border.
- VAT Registry: To move goods across a border and store them locally you will require a VAT number for the country in which you are storing these products. Starting at the beginning of next year, you will need a VAT registry in the UK in order to sell through the UK marketplace and an european VAT in order to sell in other European Marketplaces.
- EORI Number: You will need to obtain both a UK and EU EORI number (Economic Operators Registration and ID number) to bulk move inventory into or out of the UK and any EU countries from January 1, 2021. One EU EORI number will be sufficient for all EU countries.
- Brand Registry: Brands doing business in both UK and EU – Brands having only a EU trademark are currently protected across UK and EU in Brand Registry. However, post 1 Jan 2021, these brands will no longer be able to report potential infringements in the Amazon UK store and hence the brands will need to register both their UK and EU trademark in Brand Registry. They will need to update in Brand Registry the comparable UK trademark that the UK IPO is creating for all brands with an existing EU trademark. Brands can update their trademark by logging into their Brand Registry account and following the instructions under Contact Brand Support –> Add a Trademark.
- Tariffs: Will there be tariffs on products when they cross the UK-EU border? This will depend on the trade-agreement that the UK and EU agree and is the focus of the current negotiations.
Commerce 8 is happy to help if you have any further questions. Contact us and let’s take it from there.